There is no race, ethnicity, age group, or gender that is immune to depression and anxiety. Because depression and anxiety are emotions often experienced in isolation, we may appear successful to others while inwardly we are suffering. If you are feeling lost, stuck, hopeless, sad, lacking purpose in life or if you are overwhelmed with worry and fear, I can help.
The good news is that you have begun your recovery by recognizing that something isn’t right. Since we each experience these painful emotions differently, you and I will create a personalized plan to meet your unique needs. You do not have to stay in this negative and chaotic state. Depression and anxiety are treatable and more common than you may think. Through therapy, you can understand why things bother you and what you can do about them.
If you are struggling with depression or Bipolar Disorder, I can help you cope with your feelings and symptoms and change behavior patterns that often contribute to the condition.
For many of us, anxiety can cripple our potential. We feel trapped by our own thoughts and feelings. When anxiety reaches this level, we need outside support. Psychotherapy provides us with a toolbox of resources to combat the impact of anxiety.
I can help you to:
- Understand your condition
- Define and reach wellness goals
- Overcome fears or insecurities
- Cope with stress
- Make sense of past traumatic experiences
- Separate your true personality from the mood swings
- Identify triggers that may worsen your symptoms
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Establish a stable, dependable routine
- Develop a plan for coping with crises
- End destructive habits such as drinking, using drugs, overspending, or unhealthy sex